With over a decade of legal experience, attorney Beth Carter is a trusted resource to people throughout Lincoln County, Mecklenburg County, Iredell County and Gaston County seeking legal assistance during some of life's most challenging moments. From finding debt relief to protecting your legacy, she offers personalized legal services focused on your unique needs.
Finding Debt Relief Options Suited To Your Circumstances
If debt has overtaken your life — whether through the loss of a job, a divorce, or medical payments — the Law Offices of Beth B. Carter can help you find a debt relief solution that works for you, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: If you have lost your job or significant amounts of income, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be a way for you to obtain a new financial start while still keeping your home, car, and other valuable possessions in many cases.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: If you fell behind to a secured creditor and wish to keep the secured collateral and have a stream of income, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy may enable you to set up a new, more manageable payment plan to repay your secured creditors and priority debts and a percentage of your unsecured debts.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: For small businesses and individuals with debt levels that are too high to qualify for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a Chapter 11 bankruptcy can be a good way to restructure debts to more manageable levels.
- Foreclosure and mortgage modifications: If your home is at risk of foreclosure but you wish to avoid filing for bankruptcy, it may be possible to obtain a foreclosure forbearance or mortgage modification from your lender.
- Short sale and deed in lieu of foreclosure: Before moving forward with any foreclosure alternatives, such as a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure, it is essential that you speak to an attorney to ensure you have a clear understanding of any negative consequences that may arise – tax consequences and/ or deficiency balances.
- Debt settlement: Debt settlement companies often charge healthy amounts and do not have your best interests in mind. Before moving forward, talk to a lawyer about debt settlement or bankruptcy. At the very least, obtain a second opinion prior to paying a debt settlement or debt consolidation entity.
- Representation for individual creditors: For individuals and small businesses seeking payment from debtors in a bankruptcy, the firm can help file a proof of claim and monitor the bankruptcy case to ensure that they receive their due pay.
- Power of attorney
- Uncontested Divorce
Protecting Your Legacy
You have worked hard to provide for your family for all these years. And whether you are just starting the estate planning process or you need to settle the estate of a recently departed loved one, the Law Offices of Beth B. Carter, PLLC, can help. Attorney Beth Carter offers practical guidance with preserving your assets and navigating the probate process. She focuses on meeting your needs in an efficient manner.
Contact an Experienced Lawyer in Denver, North Carolina
The Law Offices of Beth B. Carter offers you honest and straightforward legal advice to help you determine the debt relief solution that works best for you. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at the firm's Denver or Huntersville offices, call 704-966-80289 or contact Beth online.